Livin on a PrayeR

Wooah we're Past Mod 2, woah oh! Livin' on a prayer!

Summary of Mod 2:

1. R has now become an integRated paRt of my life. I can't see the letteR R without thinking of how I could be analyzing my cuRRent situation with clusteRing and heatmaps.

I am currently in 18.05, which also uses R. 


2. The small assignments leading up to the Research Article are SUPER helpful. It was so convenient/useful to have comments from drafts of each section of the article. I was able to utilize these comments throughout my writing process. This was nice to have because while the wiki is very thorough, only an edited draft can catch tendencies that are person-specific.


3. BE Comm Lab for LIFE.
I met with the BE Comm lab twice during my final editing process to go over my methods and then go over my discussion. This was beneficial because not only could I trust that I was getting BE-specific feedback, but it forced me to set deadlines for myself on when I would finish each section of the paper. I also had the BE comm powerpoint open constantly and wrote my paper in the order that was suggested. This made "The Research Article" feel more like multiple building blocks than a giant  scary assignment. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Statistics

Seeing the finish line!

Don’t judge a module by first sight!