Wish I could have started earlier~


To be honest, I was dreading about the Mod 2 research paper, but also a little bit excited. Not that I think writing is fun, but I just thought that it would be a cool experience to find out what it is like to complete a scientific research paper. 

I have to admit though, trying to finish the research paper on Saturday was definitely not fun. I knew from early on that I should start early, and I wanted to start so much earlier... but other homework took too much time. I finally was able to start trying to piece together what I wanted to write on Thursday. But my first look at all the graphs I want to pull together to make my figures went something like, "??????"



I was pretty confused on which RNAseq results we have to include. I mean, sure, I would like to include as many graphs or data as I can into the research paper, but I have to talk about them right? They can't only function as decorations? And oh god, do I actually have to talk about the 20 genes shown on the heat map? And what is TCGA?



It was alright. I got to go in and ask Leslie some questions on Friday to calm down my panicked and confused mind. It was extremely helpful. But it was still hard to sit down on Saturday and think about what I should write for each figure, and for each section in Results.

I woke up early on Saturday morning and started the research paper. I told myself that I will be able to finish on time, but alas, that didn't happen. The additional research, organizing the figures, and thinking about what to put down for Results took a lot of time.

In general, I didn't get the chance to ask feedbacks about my finished research paper. I also wasn't able to meet with any BE Communication fellows to ask for feedback, and honestly couldn't have even if I wanted to... But maybe in an alternative universe where I got to finish other work earlier and start the research paper earlier... I'm sure it would have been very helpful :)

Well~ We're almost there! To Mod 3!
-- Shin


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Statistics

Seeing the finish line!

Don’t judge a module by first sight!