A list of reflections on 20.109

(since I have half an hour until tent parties and not enough time to organize my thoughts into a rational flow!!)


  • I’m so glad I got the chance to work with Nia in Mod 1 and Mod 3 to do our data summary and research proposal. Our strengths and weaknesses complemented each other’s super well (e.g. I tend to rush ahead and spout off grand ideas, she makes me slow down and work out the details; she will work until the job is done, I’m like hey maybe we should stop for dinner?). The products of our combined efforts were always way better than what I could have produced on my own. Thanks for all the good times, partner :)
  • 20.109 was my first legit bioengineering course, and having come out the other side I can say that I am super happy with my choice of major! Through this class we’ve been exposed to a tiny subset of all the fascinating and useful things that can be done in the field of bioengineering, and I can definitely see myself spending a career here doing challenging and fulfilling work and trying to change people’s lives for the better. 
  • Thanks in very large part to all the hard work of the teaching and Comm Lab staff, I’ve learned how to interpret experimental data and clearly communicate my results. It’s all about diving deep enough into your data to understand what it’s really saying, and about telling a compelling story that will make people care about your research as much as you do. Writing the research article and preparing the research proposal presentation were especially good practice for things that I’ll likely have to do in whatever future career I end up in. 
    • @Josephine, Noreen, and Leslie: I also want to note that although your incredibly specific feedback felt at times like overkill, in the end I appreciate so much your attention to detail, and how much you guys cared about making us better scientists and communicators. 


That's all from me! Now time to start on that mini report haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Statistics

Seeing the finish line!

Don’t judge a module by first sight!