Seeing the finish line!

The research proposal assignment start out as fairly intimidating.  Since 20.109 is my first introduction to biological engineering, I've appreciated being told exactly what to do.  To be tasked with crafting a research project that solves a biological problem, is original, and creative sounded like a lofty goal.  However, the more papers I read, the more I realized the real challenge was not having to come up with one idea, is was having too many ideas/options.  Even after Masrur and I had decided upon a pathway to target, there are so many diseases that the pathway is involved in that we then had to choose the most compelling disease to focus on.  Since we spent so much time deciding upon what exactly we were studying, we left little time for ourselves to define the research aim and detail the methods.  Overall, though, the project was really interesting and engaging.  I even found myself disappointed that the proposal wasn't real and that I wouldn't actually be able to observe the results of our experiments.  So, I loved that the assignment made me at least feel like a real scientific researcher.

Sad to see the end!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Statistics

Don’t judge a module by first sight!