The Discussion Section

As I walked out of the room after research proposal presentations, I breathed a sigh of relief. That morning I was frantically practicing our presentation and trying to keep within the time limit (which we didn't end up doing during the actual presentation but that's another story). Nova and I ran to the student center as we realized that we needed a printed copy of our slides (and plus we wanted them in color). As we got to the presentation room my heart was racing (1. because I'm extremely out of shape 2. because I'm not the biggest fan of presentations that are worth 20% of my grade).

Thoughts:
Before:
I struggle to pay attention to any presentations because all I can think about is remembering what I have to say about microtubules and paclitaxel and TGFBI (words I never want to hear again).

I grow increasingly worried as I realize that Alzheimer's is a popular topic

I look over at Nova with a concerned look every two seconds because everybody else's presentations make me consider if ours is good enough.

During:
Wow I actually feel ok right now. I know what I'm talking about.

I remembered everything I have to say. Now I have to give it over to Nova.

Nova please hurry up we are running out of time!

Nova we are over the time limit!!!

AHHH!!!

After:
I could actually cry I have never felt so accomplished in my life.

I'm so glad I never have to do a presentation for this class ever again.

I want to sleep now.

I should pay attention to these presentations and ask questions.

But in all seriousness, I have never taken a class that has helped me to grow so much.
Thank you 20.109

Shout out to my lab partner for dealing with my crazy control freak tendencies and for remaining calm (or at least somewhat calm) when I was freaking out and screaming and on the verge of tears so many times throughout this semester.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Statistics

Seeing the finish line!

Don’t judge a module by first sight!