SO to course 20

This course has been such a rollercoaster it is hard to believe that it has only been one semester. I feel like I have learned so much on such a variety of topics in biological engineering. I just feel like 109, while stressful and difficult, has solidified my decision to be course 20.

I have always been interested in helping people through science so I was interested in the projects we were doing surrounding cancer research. It was also interesting to learn some of the computational aspects of biology that I may not pursue, but are important to understand. But I was most blown away by the batteries. My friend actually said to me after I showed her my cricut "wow, some people are saving the world and I just build social media".

I was absolutely blown away by the work in the Belcher lab as well as her commitment to the class. She literally does everything and all of her work is so impactful for the world; it is truly inspiring. Coming from Berkeley, I was always interested in green energy and sustainability. But I didn't really know about this biological side of development. I think it is so cool to utilize biology for these types of technology because it really is our most powerful tool.

Honestly, this class has been so much work (more than 15 units *hint*) but it has been so worth it. It sometimes didn't feel like it but I think I developed all the skills I was supposed to from a CI-M!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Statistics

Seeing the finish line!

Don’t judge a module by first sight!